A blog written with educators in mind
Money talk in the classroom
There is much to learn about the world of money. Kids might be able to figure out a lot on their your own, but why not have a teacher help? Learning how to handle money may give them good ideas to use themselves.
Here are some discussion topics to get things started:
- How to go about setting financial goals.
- How to decide how much money you will save and how much money you will spend.
- How to decide the value of money versus the value of time.
- How to pay bills. Identify the types of bills that adults pay. Talk about how these bills get paid.
- How to decide what type of career you wish to pursue.
- How to decide how you will pay for something—with cash, with a check, with a debit card, with a credit card, or in another way.
- How to invest for the future. What things can we give up now to invest for the future.
- How to decide what investments to make.
- How inflation affects finances.
- How stocks are set up.